Yesterday I got off of work only to find out that my 2 year old son received a serious shock from an exposed electrical outlet earlier in the day. He was at his other Grandma’s house where they have been doing some remodeling and somehow he managed to get close to an exposed electrical outlet. Unfortunately, he grabbed a hold of it with two hands. I wasn’t there but from all accounts it was a serious shock, so much so that he couldn’t let go on his own. It seems he was like that for several seconds until the electrical current finally threw him back about five feet. It wasn’t until then that his Aunt was the first to reach him.This is the part where I have to thank God that my son is still alive. When he was scooped up off the floor he was awake and crying but it could have been very different. He could have been unconscious or his heart could have stopped. Add to that, no one there at the time knew any first aid CPR but thankfully that wasn’t needed. We still took him for a check up and they made sure he didn’t have any irregular heartbeat. He did end up with a couple small cuts on his hands and they were red for a little while but aside from that, he is back to his usual self and he actually cheered me up later the night making funny faces.