I’ve been a dad since 2007 and sometimes, to this day, I still can’t believe it but every now and then my life reminds me that I am really indeed a dad. Check out my list of signs that I AM a dad.
- I used to wake up early to go to the gym. Now I wake up early to get the kids ready for school.
- I sometimes find myself drinking a rum and coke from a plastic child cup with easy grip sides.
- My most used tool in the house has become a vacuum cleaner.
- I used to drool over the gadgets with a “cool” factor. Now I drool over gadgets with a “child friendly” factor.
- I’ve given up any chance of having a clean house for longer than 20 minutes.
- Ditto for the vehicles.
- Some of my friends now refer to me as Squirt’s Dad instead of John.
- When I’m out by myself and I run into old friends their first question is, “Where’s Squirt?”
- I think more about what to do with my kids on Sunday than I do about the NFL games that day.
- I’ve developed eyes in the back of my head.
- That little short guy in my house is always calling me dad (still cool to hear that to this day).
- I am constantly being cockblocked by that same little short guy.
- Going to the bathroom is no longer a private affair.